The essence of Leysin American School – First and foremost, LAS is a school with (family) values. Located in the beautiful Swiss Alps, LAS brings together students from around the world to create a campus community with a global perspective and a family atmosphere. students can choose between the International Baccalaureate or the U.S. High School Diploma.
Welcome to Leysin American School, a school with “family” values.
Located in the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps, Leysin American School has a history of nurturing talent and motivating students to succeed in education, sports and arts. We bring together students from around the world to create a campus community with a global perspective and a family atmosphere. Our ethos of maintaining strong links with students and parents underpins the education we provide from grades 8 through 12, culminating in the International Baccalaureate or the U.S. High School Diploma.
We believe in the traditional Swiss values of quality and excellence, and our academic program reflects those attributes. Extracurricular activities—including ski term, team and adventure sports, and excursions to cities that many only dream of visiting—round out the outstanding lifestyle experience.
A visit is the best way to understand why so many students and their families have made Leysin American School such an important part of their lives. Contact us to schedule a visit and receive your warm welcome to Leysin and Switzerland.
- Founded: 1960
- Students: 345 students, 330 boarders
- Age range: Boys and girls from 12 to 18
- Campus: Located in the Swiss Alps. 1.5 hours from Geneva
- Accreditation: NEASC, CIS, IBO
- Nationalities: 60 nationalities
- Languages: English
- Diploma: International Baccalaureate (IB) and American High School
- Ratio Staff / Students: 1 : 7
- Foreign languages: French, Spanish
- Summer camps: in June, July and August, from 7 to 18 years, language courses, half-day academic classes, alpine activities and European excursions.