Based on over two decades of educational research and practical implementation, Ross Learning System offers curriculum across eight integrated disciplines: Cultural History, World Languages and Literature, Science, Mathematics, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Media Studies and Technology, and Wellness. Within these courses, more than 500 interdisciplinary and discipline-specific units are available for students from early childhood to post-graduate level. Each unit provides learning experiences, assessments, integrated projects, and all student and teacher resources necessary to teach the Ross Spiral Curriculum. The Ross Learning System is fully aligned to national and international standards and will provide benchmark and end-of-year exams to track student growth and progress against external and internal measures.
Located in East Hampton and Bridgehampton, New York, Ross School was founded in 1991 by Courtney and Steven J. Ross. They recognized that preparing students to meet the challenges of the 21st century requires innovative models to transform education. Aided by the research of many educational pioneers and leading thinkers, they set out to expand upon some of the best practices in K–12 education, combining them with the notion that leadership in an increasingly connected and rapidly changing world demands cultivating a global perspective and embracing technology. The resulting model offers a complete and uniquely individual educational experience to students from pre-nursery through grade 12.
- Founded in: 1991
- Students: 500 students (250 Boarders)
- Age range: Boys and girls from pre-nursery to 18 (Boarding 13 to 18)
- Campus: Upper School, East Hampton, New York
Lower School, Bridgehampton, New York
- Accreditation: MSA, TABS, NAIS
- Nationalities: 29 nationalities
- Language: English
- Foreign languages: Mandarin, Spanish
- Summer: July and August for 3 to 14 years old, creative activities, art, music, scientific investigation, and sports, College Prep, ESOL, Innovation Lab, Mandarin Immersion, Mathematics, Tennis Academy, Electives