The AGSB undergraduate program is designed for the high school graduate with minimal work experience so that the participant will build on his/her knowledge and develop his/her skills to successfully contribute to any business organisation in an entry level general management position.
The university considers a general manager as being one who applies academic and practical concepts in order to analyse a variety of business situations on a global perspective and who works both individually and in teams to formulate ethical and reasoned judgements that are logical, supported by facts and effectively communicated.
The following are the stated Intended Student Learning Outcomes for successful participants of the BSBA program:
1. The successful BSBA participant will be able to describe and explain (so as to demonstrate understanding) the major concepts in the functional areas of general management (such as accounting, economics, finance and marketing).
2. The successful BSBA participant will be able to describe and explain theories, tools and techniques (such as a cash flow statement, market segmentation and sustainable competitive advantage) as used for internal and external analysis of a particular company situation or industry environment.
3. The successful BSBA participant will be able to apply their acquired knowledge and tools and organize and interpret the results in a logically integrated and cross-functional manner to support basic business decision making.
4. The successful BSBA participant will be able to create and present basic oral and written business communications in English.
The conferring of a BSBA degree from AGSB University follows only after completing all three (3) of the following requirements:
- Academic credit requirements,
- Academic performance requirements,
- Attendance requirements and residency requirements.
A normal course of study to complete a BSBA program over three (3) years, therefore requires thirteen (13) courses of three (3) credits each to be successfully completed in each academic year.
The BSBA academic requirement is a minimum of 117 credits.
The BSBA program requires a Cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Duration: 24-36 Months
Enrollment: Full Time
Intake: January, April & September