11 Days in Shanghai and Surroundings: Discovering Chinese Culture and Luxury Hospitality
Les Roches Jin Jiang Summer Program 2016 offers a unique 11-day guided tour of Shanghai and its beautiful surroundings in the Yangtze River delta area: Hangzhou, Suzhou, Zhouzhuang, Yangchang Lake and Chongming.
● Learn about the unique Chinese culture
● Stay in selected unique luxury hotels
● Get exposure to Mandarin Chinese, the most popular language in the world (over 1 billion speakers)
● Experience East China’s most developed cities
● Gain an insight into hospitality industry – one of the fastest growing regions in the world
● Broaden your horizons, enjoy some fun traveling and make new friends from all over the world!
Time & Dates
Duration: 11 days
Program Dates: July 9 – July 21, 2015
Airport Transfers: Airport pick-up and drop-off at either Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) or Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA)
Accommodation, Meals and Transportation
You will stay in five-star international brand hotels including Hyatt, Fairmont and Sheraton, as well as experience staying in a uniquely designed local boutique hotel, Jin Jiang Metropolo Hotel, giving you great insight into the international hospitality industry and five-star brand careers.
The program fee includes hotel accommodation at double occupancy. A single hotel room is available for an extra charge of 900 USD.
You will enjoy full board (three meals) including a mix of Western and famous local Chinese food. You will travel in a comfortable air-conditioned bus, accompanied by English-speaking guides.
● Plenty of cultural and outdoor activities: China Tea Museum and Tea Tasting, Dumpling Making, Introduction to Chinese History, China Silk Museum, Farm Tour, and more.
● 5 Hotel Stays: Jin Jiang Metropolo (Shanghai), Hyatt Regency (Chongming), Hyatt Regency (Hangzhou), Fairmont Yangcheng Lake, and Sheraton Shanghai Hongkou.
● 9 Main Shanghai Attractions: Lujiazui, Oriental Pearl Tower, World Financial Center, Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai Museum, East Nanjing Road, The Bund, Yuyuan Garden, and Xintiandi.
● 9 Excursions Outside of Shanghai: Yangtze River Delta Wetland, Chongming Island, Song Dynasty Town, Hangzhou, Lingyin Temple, West Lake, Yangcheng Lake, Suzhou classical gardens and Tiger Hill, Zhouzhuang water town.
● Summer program participants must be minimum 16 years old.
● English language skills should be the equivalent of IELTS 4.0 and above.