Riverbend International School. Riverbend is a College Prep Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) school located 40 miles north of Kansas City, Kansas. Our beautiful 160 acre campus is located just north of Atchison, Kansas in Atchison County. Riverbend has a small student to teacher ratio, and is a place where we strive to see students excel to new heights of accomplishment and new depths of understanding.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is to create a nationally and internationally recognized college preparatory STEM high school.
The mission of Riverbend International School is to provide a culturally diverse population of students with a challenging learning environment that emphasizes the interconnections among science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Collaborative partnerships, rigorous curriculum, and discovery will inspire future leaders to achieve greatness.
- Founded in: 2014
- Students: In the 2016-2017 school year we had 28 students. In the 2017-2018 school year we anticipate at least 50 students.
- Age range: (Boys and Girls) 14-18 years old
- Campus: Atchison, Kansas, USA
- Accreditation: AdvancED and Kansas State Board of Education
- Nationalities: American , Chinese
- Average Class Size: 5
- Language: English
- Diplomas: American High School Graduation Diploma, Advanced Placement Tests, and College credit is available through Benedictine College.
- Ratio Staff/Students: 1:2.5 (2016-2017 school year), 1:5 ( 2017-2018 school year)
- Foreign Languages: Spanish, Chinese
- Summer Camps: available in June and July