London Summer Academy Program
The Glion London Summer Academy offers a first-class introduction to the world of luxury hospitality. In this two-week summer program, you will:
- Gain insight into the global tourism industry and top-level careers in hospitality.
- Learn skills in hospitality and event management
- Develop competencies in project management in a multicultural environment
Most importantly, you will have fun! Exploring London’s global tourism scene and making new friends from around the world is the perfect start for your future hospitality career.
Courses & Details
- Hospitality industry learning classes and visits: 7.5 days of theoretical classes in Hospitality Management and 2 half-days of practical classes
- Extra-curricular activities: sports, games, workshops and free-time
- 7 Excursions: city visits like Brighton or Oxford, West End Show, movie night, Soho & China Town tour, casual dining, and a themed event
- End of studies celebration event: planning and preparation
Duration: 2 weeks
Start Dates: July 18 – 29, 2016 or Aug 1 – 12, 2016
Students will be accommodated on campus at Glion London, located on the grounds of the University of Roehampton. Situated in South West London just 45 minutes from the West End, this campus offers a multicultural university environment set in 152 hectares of open green spaces and parkland with heritage listed buildings.
The program services include:
- Accommodation located on campus at the University of Roehampton
- Full board (all meals) including meals during excursions
- Airport pick-up return journey from either Heathrow or Gatwick Airport
- All excursions, field trips, outdoor activities and cultural visits
- Travel card and London travel guide
- Program Certificate and Class Photo
- Gala Dinner