Americans continue to pour money into savoring their favorite wines. According to Wines & Vines magazine, U.S. wine sales reached $60 billion in 2016—the 24th consecutive year of growth. About $39.8 billion of those sales stem from domestic wineries, with many of the most renowned wine growers located in the legendary Napa Valley. Sommeliers and other wine experts are crucial in helping restaurant guests decide which wine best complements their meal. And what better place to learn about this high-growth field than at the CIA’s California campus in the Napa Valley? Earn a CIA Wine and Beverage Graduate Certificate through a unique two-semester program. Learn professional beverage management, viticulture, Old and New World wines, distilled spirits, and the global business of wine. The CIA’s industry-experienced faculty will ensure you receive a hands-on learning experience that puts you in line for a top position. After earning your certificate, you’ll be an expert in wine and beverage management as well as be proficient in wine and beverage selection for high-end and casual dining establishments.
- “Wine tune” your education as you study the wines of the Old and New world regions as well as Eastern Europe, Asia, and the Levant.
- Explore a range of fermented and non-alcoholic beverages as well as distilled spirits and principles of mixology.
- Take part in tastings, pairings, and sensory analyses, learning about the synergies between food and beverages.
- Learn from expert professors and sommeliers in the Rudd Center for Professional Wine Studies.
- Network with a range of vintners, distillers, and top executives from world-class wine and beverage companies from around the world.
+ CIA WINE AND BEVERAGE GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM (WBGC)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in hospitality management or a related field. While students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in another discipline may enroll in this program, they are expected to enter the program with some knowledge of the industry.
+ PROCHEF® CERTIFICATION
- ProChef Level I
- ProChef Level II
- ProChef Level III
+PROCHEF® CERTIFICATION PREP CLASS
- Level I
- Level II