The essence of institute Montana – A Swiss-international and familial boarding school less than 1 hour from Zurich. Academic programmers at the highest standards at a place to grow in the middle of nature. Empowering our students to be active and to show leadership and responsibility.
Founded in 1926 on humanist principles, our school community is a unique blend of Swiss and international cultures. Together, our staff and students, representing more than 40 nations, create a down-to-earth and familial atmosphere.
In many aspects our school is a microcosm of the successful Swiss federal model of cooperation, compromise and democracy. We are a community encompassing a variety of different cultures and nations united by common tradition, philosophy and goals. We approach each other with openness and treat each other with respect.
We encourage cultural and lingual diversity, while simultaneously banding together as one international and Swiss community. Our students become cosmopolitan and tolerant global citizens, while maintaining their own culture and heritage. They are committed to achieving academic and personal success, and are supported in each of their endeavours by our experienced and qualified teaching and boarding staff.
- Founded: 1926
- Students: 300 students, 160 boarders
- Age range: Boys and girls from 6 to 19
- Campus: Less than 1 hour away from Zurich on the crest of Zugerberg, over looking the city of Zug and its lake
- Accreditation: IBO, Cambrige IGCSE, Swiss Government, CIS
- Nationalities: 42 nationalities, committed to cultural diversity
Academic (Average class size of 8 students)
- Languages: German and English
- Diplomas: International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, Swiss Matura (German, Bilingual Program), Cambridge IGCSE Program, High School Diploma
- Ratio staff / Students: 1:4
- Foreign languages: German, English, Mandarin, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian others upon request
- Summer Program: 2/4 weeks in July / August from 10 – 16 years, languages, skills, sports and culture