The essence of Institute Montana Zugerberg– A Swiss-international day school and boarding school which is located less than 1 hour from Zurich, the financial capital of Switzerland. We offer academic programmes of the highest standards at a place to grow in the middle of nature. We empower our students to be active, be a leader and be responsible.
Founded in 1926, our school community is a unique blend of Swiss and international cultures. Our staff and students represent over 40 nations, which follows our founding values of internationalism, individualism and integration.
Our students become cosmopolitan and tolerant global citizens, which equips them with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in their career and personal life. They are committed to achieving academic and personal success, and are supported in each of their endeavours by our experienced and qualified teaching, boarding and guidance staff. Our students continue their journey to top ranked universities and remarkable careers after their time with us and that is why we are highly proud of our alumni community.
- Founded: 1926
- Students: 300 students
- Age range: 6 to 19
- Campus: 60-acres on top of the Zugerberg mountain which overlooks the city of Zug and its lake and is less than 1 hour away from Zurich, the financial capital of Switzerland.
- Accreditation: IBO, Cambridge IGCSE, Swiss Government, CIS
- Nationalities: Over 40
- Languages: German and English
- Diplomas: International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, Swiss Matura (German, Bilingual Program), Cambridge IGCSE Program, High School Diploma
- Ratio staff / Students: 1:4
- Average class size: 10
- Foreign languages: German and English. Availability upon request: Mandarin, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
- Summer Program: 2-4 weeks in July and August for students aged 10 – 16 years. Sessions involve: language learning, academic skills, sports and culture.