MILANO FASHION INSTITUTE
A qualified and unique learning experience, at an international level. Founded by the most important institutions of the city of Milan in 2007, Milano Fashion Institute is the University Institute for Higher Education in fashion, with a specific goal: the development of an interdisciplinary training centre of excellence.
THE EPICENTER FOR THE FASHION SYSTEM
Since its foundation, Milano Fashion Institute has been characterized by multidisciplinary didactic programs and by the unique faculty at an international scale: university professors of the Founding and Supporting Partners, managers of successful companies, together to integrate management, design and communication, to lead junior professional among the most qualified in the field and appreciated by the Fashion and Luxury System.
Attending Milano Fashion Institute represents a unique opportunity: on a professional level, thanks to the faculty, the Career Service, and the Double Masters Diploma with ministerial recognition of all the Masters, from Politecnico di Milano Number 1st University in Design in Italy and top 10% of the world ranked by QS World University Ranking by subject in 2023, and on a personal level, living a whole year in Milan, the European capital of Fashion and Luxury, as well as the country’s financial and entrepreneurial capital.
WHY MILANO FASHION INSTITUTE
It is unique internationally because:
It is participated by the National Chamber of Italian Fashion together with the Milanese Universities
- Staying at the center of the Italian fashion system, combining academic excellence, thanks to the Founding Universities such as Politecnico di Milano and Università Cattolica, and obtaining opportunities from the most important fashion and luxury companies in the world.
It is non-profit
- This means that the final goal is training, and that is why every year all the programs are updated, starting from the demands of the Fashion System!
It is internationally accredited
- The only 1st level University Masters in Fashion Direction and Fashion Creation, recognized by the Ministry of the University, with 60 ECTS, and valid at international level. It is one of the best guarantees of the quality of your training.
The competitive advantage of multidisciplinary approach
- The specialized education makes it possible to understand operations down through the supply chain and increase the capacity of dialogue and competences in many corporate departments which are the drive companies requirements.
EXPERIENCING THE WORKPLACE
- All over the year, MFI Masters provide a full calendar of activities in direct contact with the job market, including team field project with real case studies in collaboration with leading companies, company visits, itinerant seminars, guest speeches, as well as the internships, lasting a minimum of 3 months, one of the most salient experiences offered by the Masters. An extensive network of companies are involved in order to create the ideal setting for an effective contact with the job market.
INCUBATOR OF TALENTS
- Masters are addressed to student profiles, mainly aged between 22 and 29 years, both Italians and foreigners with a good knowledge of English language. Students must have a B.A., MSc. or equivalent in order to apply and have to pass a preliminary selection process in order to be accepted.
All the Milano Fashion Institute’s Masters are Double University Masters Diploma, accredited by the Polytechnic of Milan, School of Design. All the Masters will release 60 university credits (CFU, i.e. “crediti formativi universitari”).
Contact us for any information about orientation, selection processes, our services and scholarships.